In this second entry in our in-depth FAQ’s series, we will explain more about the what’s included in the alarm package itself. When the alarm package arrives with our next day delivery service, everything the alarm user needs will be included in one box.
Alarm Package – What’s in the box?
Alarm Base Unit
This unit will be connected to the mains power supply and into the main telephone line. The main features of the base unit are:
- Help Button.
- Cancel Button.
- Home/Away Button.
The base unit will allow your loved one to generate a call for help by pressing the red alarm button. The loudspeaker system will allow the alarm user to communicate with our monitoring centre, who will be able to provide the required assistance. The cables provided to connect the base unit in the alarm user’s home will be:
- Mains Adaptor – This cable is three metres long and will look like any standard three-pin plug. The mains adaptor will connect to the alarm base unit and then plug into any available power socket in the alarm user’s property.
- Telephone Cable – The telephone cable is again, three metres long. This will connect to the alarm base unit and then into the master telephone wall socket, ensuring that there is a strong connection from the alarm and the telephone line so help can always be reached.
- Telephone Adaptor – This adaptor is a short white cable with a small box on the end. This connects the telephone handset to the alarm base unit.
The red button pendant will already be wirelessly connected to the alarm base unit. This means the alarm call can be generated from anywhere in the home or garden using the radio frequency. The pendant accessories which are also included in the box are:
- The wrist strap – A soft hypoallergenic elasticated strap with clasp.
- The Neck cord – With a safety break link.
Installation and Testing Guide
This guide explains how to plug the alarm in and the sockets for each cable to connect to. It will also talk the alarm user through the initial testing procedure to ensure that the alarm is working correctly.
Our alarms have the latest Plug & Play technology and have been designed specially to be installed at home by the alarm user. We don’t include 100’s of cables or confusing paperwork, and there is no need to wait for an engineer to visit.
Learn more about the Careline Alarm Package
If you have any more questions about our Careline Alarm Package, you or your loved one can contact our Customer Service Team to discuss further on 0800 101 3333. You can also get in touch via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.