The Careline alarm is often referred to as an “elderly alarm.” Whilst our alarms do help your loved one to stay in their own homes for longer, the alarm is not solely for the elderly population. In fact, anyone can have a Careline alarm. In this article, we will answer the question: Who is the Careline Alarm for?
The Careline Alarm
This type of alarm system was designed to signal the presence of a hazard, requiring urgent attention and to summon emergency medical personnel. However, this type of assistance is not only required for the elderly. A great number of people suffer from many different medical conditions, feel vulnerable at home or require urgent attention.
Who is the Careline Alarm for?
Examples of people who can use a Careline Alarm:
- Anyone suffering from an illness where they can’t be left alone. In particular, this can be true for conditions like epilepsy.
- This does not only apply to physical health conditions. Mental health conditions are not as visible, but just as important. For example, those suffering from conditions like anxiety, depression or panic attacks could benefit from having a Careline alarm. It can be extremely reassuring to know that if your loved one was feeling panicked or worried, they can press a button and help would be on the way.
- Vulnerable people in a violent or abusive relationship.
- Lone workers. If you or your loved one works alone for long periods of time, the Careline alarm could be beneficial. As well as the increased confidence, it also adds a sense of security.
How does the Careline Alarm help?
The Careline alarm provides a peace of mind for your loved ones and allows them to feel safe at home.
While that may be true, the alarm service does not only benefit the alarm user. It can also help to relieve the strain from the NHS. For example, many of our customers purchase these alarms after they’ve suffered a fall or come out of hospital. This helps your loved one to return home from hospital quickly and also helps to free hospital beds for others who may need them. Quite often, Careline alarms are recommended by Occupational Therapists or doctors as a way of rehabilitation. This can help your loved one to avoid long hospital stays.
Additionally, we ask our customers for a list of emergency contacts – which also helps the emergency services. Instead of numerous welfare calls to the ambulance service – family members or friends are called first. This means the paramedics are more available for medical emergency calls.
What are the advantages?
- Supports individuals to live at home safely and for longer.
- Improves safety at home.
- Increases confidence and quality of life.
- Peace of mind for the alarm user and the family and friends.
Get in Touch
If you feel like your loved one could benefit from having a personal alarm, you can order online or over the phone today. Our Customer Service Team are available on 0800 101 333 to answer any questions and help with the order.