If your loved one is considering a Careline Alarm, they are probably wondering how to install it at home. Our alarms have been designed with the latest technology to ensure they can be easily installed. We use a plug and play alarm system which means it only takes a few minutes to install the Careline Alarm, and this can be done by the alarm user or a family member.
Before you Start
We provide a comprehensive installation guide with the alarm, which will help your loved one step by step (Learn about the service in this guide). The red button pendant will already be linked to the base unit. Therefore, all that is required is to connect the cables which are provided.
To begin with, please only install and test the alarm once we have processed the New Customer Form.
- First of all, unplug your landline telephone connection from the master telephone connection on the wall.
- Next, plug the larger white end of the long white Telephone Cable provided into the master telephone socket on the wall.
- Then plug the smaller, transparent end into the alarm base unit socket labelled “LINE”.
- Once Step One has been completed your loved one can plug the short white Telephone Adaptor into the alarm unit. On the far left of the base unit, there is a picture of a telephone. This is where the Adaptor plugs into.
- Next, the telephone can plug into this adaptor.
- In order to give the base unit power, plug the black Mains Cable into the socket on the alarm unit labelled “DC”.
- Then, plug the other end into your mains power.
- Lastly, make sure the mains power is switched on and the alarm should be ready to test!
What if I have broadband?
If you have broadband, the alarm will work along side the current internet connection. Your loved one will likely have an ADSL filter already connected to the telephone socket connecting the telephone and the internet in the same socket.
Keep this filter and any other broadband equipment as they are.
- First, unplug the landline telephone connection from the ADSL filter.
- Then, plug the larger white end of the long white Telephone Cable into the “Phone” or “Analogue” socket on the ADSL filter.
- Now, plug the smaller transparent end into the “LINE” socket on the alarm base unit.
Similar to homes without broadband, Step Two and Step Three will be exactly the same in homes with an internet connection.
Benefits of Quick Installation
Because personal alarms are usually required with a matter of urgency – we make sure the alarm will arrive within 24 hours. The plug and play technology ensures the alarm can be plugged in upon arrival. As long as the New Customer Form has been processed, the alarm can be used straight away. This also eliminates the need to arrange an appointment with an engineer.
If you would like to go ahead and order a personal alarm for your loved one, you can do this online. Alternatively, our customer service team are always available to answer any questions or queries on 0800 101 3333.