If your loved one is considering a Careline Alarm, or you’re about to order one on their behalf, you’re probably wondering how to install it at home. Luckily, our alarms have been designed with the latest technology to make them quick and easy to install. We use a plug-and-play alarm system. This means that anyone can set up the alarm in a matter of minutes. There is no need for an engineer to visit. Below, we’ll explain how to install the Careline alarm step-by-step.
Before you Start
When your Careline alarm arrives, you’ll also receive a comprehensive installation guide. This will help you and your loved one to install the Careline alarm step by step. The pendant button will already be linked to the base unit. Therefore, all you’ll need to do is plug in the cables provided.
When you order your Careline alarm, we’ll send you a New Customer Form. You’ll need to complete this form before installing and testing your alarm.
- First of all, unplug your landline telephone (if you have one) from the master telephone socket on the wall.
- Next, plug the larger white end of the long white Telephone Cable provided into the master telephone socket on the wall.
- Then plug the smaller, transparent end of the cable into the alarm base unit socket labelled “LINE”.
- Next, plug the short white Telephone Adaptor into the alarm unit. On the far left of the base unit, there is a socket with a picture of a telephone. Plug the adaptor into this socket.
- Then, plug your landline telephone into this adaptor.
- The next step is to give the base unit power. Plug the black mains cable into the socket on the alarm unit labelled “DC”.
- Then, plug the other end into your mains power.
- Lastly, make sure the mains power is switched on and the alarm should be ready to test!
What if I have broadband?
The Careline alarm doesn’t need a broadband connection to work. However, if you have broadband, the alarm will work perfectly alongside your current internet connection. You will likely have an ASDL filter fitted to your telephone socket already, so you won’t need an additional landline socket or a splitter.
Keep this filter and any other broadband equipment as they are.
- First, unplug the landline telephone connection from the ADSL filter.
- Then, plug the larger white end of the long white Telephone Cable into the “Phone” or “Analogue” socket on the ADSL filter.
- Now, plug the smaller transparent end into the “LINE” socket on the alarm base unit.
Step Two and Step Three will be exactly the same as described above.
Benefits of Quick Installation
We send out all our alarms with next-day delivery. That’s because we know how important it is to have peace of mind in your home. The plug and play technology and easy installation mean that you could have your Careline alarm set up within just 24 hours of placing your order. As long as you’ve filled in your New Customer Form, you’ll be able to use your alarm straight away. You won’t need to wait around for an engineer to install the Careline alarm for you.
If you would like to order a personal alarm, either for yourself or a loved one, you can do this online. Alternatively, our customer service team are always available to answer any questions or queries. You can call us on 0800 101 3333 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: we updated this article on 24/11/20 to reflect current information. Originally published 19/02/19.