It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Buying presents for our loved ones is a tradition, but finding the perfect gift can be difficult. Gift ideas for elderly relatives can be particularly tricky since so often we hear they “don’t want or need anything”.
We’ve have put together some of our favourite gift ideas for elderly relatives, no matter what your budget. From fun gifts to larger, more practical presents – we’ve got plenty of ideas!
Gift Ideas for Elderly Relatives
Budget of £10 – £20
- Games – A favourite board-game, card-game or other fun pastime are gift ideas for elderly relatives. Your relative can teach the whole family how to play on Christmas Day.
- Careline Monthly Plan – This is a great gift option if you think you’re relative would like to try out a Careline alarm. This way they aren’t tied into a yearly plan, but can continue to use it if they decide it’s right for them.
- Audio-books – Reading is a great hobby to have, but your elderly relative may struggle to read small print or even manage to hold a heavy book. Why not replace some of their favourites with an audio-book version? Help them with the set-up and they can listen to their favourite books for hours!
Budget of £20 – £50
- A new mobile phone – you can buy a Doro PhoneEasy from around £35 here. They are actually designed for more senior users with ease and simplicity in mind. Read about more gadget ideas in our post; ‘7 Gadgets For Old People’
Budget of above £50
- Careline Yearly Plan – For the equivalent of £2.40 a week, our Careline Yearly Plan offers peace of mind at a great price.
- An experience – Just getting out of the house can be enjoyable for older people. Why not treat them to a trip to the cinema, the theatre or other experience-based gift ideas for elderly relatives. Think outside the box!